The Reserve Bank this year drove interest rates to new lows and homebuyers responded accordingly.
If you’re in the market for a home, these tips from Sydney real estate firm Skeen Property Buyers could help you knock prices down:
- Advise the agent you have multiple offers on homes. if you are in the market to buy a property, place multiple low offers on homes as you never know who might accept them!
- Re-offer on bids that were rejected earlier in the last year.
- Offer odd amounts: for example, rather than ending at $655,000 offer $655,750. This shows the seller you have offered every last cent towards buying their home.
- Offer a short settlement period. Owners will be keen to settle quickly especially if they have bought elsewhere.
- Put a final offer in a signed contract with a deposit cheque.
- Consider adding a section 66W certificate, waiving the cooling-off period.
- Offer a release of the deposit if the seller needs to buy a property themselves.
- Be alert and consistent with searching a bargain-priced property whether you are looking online, through print media or phoning agents. Be persistent and you will be successful.
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.