Asian markets are in the red on Friday.
Mounting tensions between Ukraine and Russia also weighed on the markets.
- Japan’s Nikkei is off 376 points, down 2.5%.
- Hong Kong’s Hang Seng is down 0.8%
- China’s Shanghai Composite is down 0.5%
- Korea’s Kospi is down 0.4%
- Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 is down 1.2%
“Investors are unwinding their long positions in the Nikkei and short positions in the yen,” Kyoya Okazawa at BNP Paribas told Reuters.
This five-day chart shows Friday’s stunning sell-off:
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.