- The former Los Angeles Galaxy star Ashley Cole was reportedly tied to a chair as a masked gang stole jewellery from his house earlier in the year.
- The Evening Standard reports the thugs in balaclavas and camouflage gear smashed into his mansion in the English county of Surrey, southwest of London, on January 21.
- A representative for the Surrey police told the Evening Standard an investigation “remains ongoing.”
- Cole joined the Galaxy in 2016 after hugely successful spells with Arsenal and Chelsea, and he is now a youth coach for Chelsea.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The former Los Angeles Galaxy star Ashley Cole – a longtime member of England’s national team who was one of the biggest stars ever to play in MLS – was reportedly tied to a chair as a masked gang robbed his house earlier in the year, stealing a large amount of jewellery.
The Evening Standard reports that a group of men in balaclavas and camouflage gear smashed into his mansion in the English county of Surrey, southwest of London, on January 21.
A spokesman for the Surrey police told The Standard: “Our investigation remains ongoing following an aggravated burglary in Fetcham on 21 January.
“Burglars broke into the property through the rear doors around 9.45 p.m. The suspects searched the property, before escaping with a quantity of jewellery. They were described as wearing camouflage clothing, gloves and balaclavas.”
The Sun says Cole may have been tied to a chair during the raid, though the claim is unverified.
Cole joined Galaxy in 2016 after hugely successful spells with Arsenal and Chelsea in the English Premier League.
He most recently played for Derby County in 2019, retiring at the end of last season to take a job as a youth coach at Chelsea.
- Read more:
- A Real Madrid striker called himself a ‘Formula One car,’ and his international teammate a ‘go-kart’ in an astonishing outburst on Instagram
- The English Premier League could be finished with a 92-match ‘mega event’ where players are isolated for a month in a coronavirus camp and play games almost every day
- Insider’s 10 fiercest derbies in world soccer: ‘The Revierderby’ – Borussia Dortmund vs Schalke 04
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.