Arsenal FC owner Stan Kroenke donated $US1 million (£780,000) to Donald Trump’s inauguration fund, according to figures released on Wednesday.
The contribution, first noticed by The Independent, was gifted by the American billionaire in January and deepens ties between the President and the Gunners.
Earlier this week, Trump’s son Barron was photographed wearing an Arsenal kit while playing with a football on a lawn outside the White House.
Trump is also close with infamous Arsenal fan Piers Morgan.
Kroenke, though, was not the only prominent figure from English football to donate to the inauguration fund.
His contribution was matched by Fulham owner Shahid Khan. Manchester United director Joel Glazer also contributed $US250,000 (£195,000).
Kroenke is valued $US7.4 billion (£5.7 billion) and his interests include real estate and sport. He owns the NFL side LA Rams, NBA team Denver Nuggets, and Colorado Avalanche, an ice hockey club.
More from Business Insider UK:
- What 13 highly successful people do right before they go to bed
- Will Smith could play the Genie in the live action Aladdin film
- The EU competition commissioner says she will look at Google Chrome’s rumoured ad block feature ‘closely’ (GOOG)
- WANTED: Final year university student to travel around the world — all expenses paid
- French billionaire Xavier Niel invested in UK carer startup Cera
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.