The Huffington Post marks its seven-year anniversary this week and its founder Arianna Huffington has a lot to celebrate.
HuffPo currently gets 1.2 billion pageviews a month and has accumulated 150 million comments since its launch. While in the beginning one of the challenges for HuffPo was sifting through and moderating the floods of comments, now about 90 per cent of the comments are let through.
The publication is about to launch in a number of other countries, including Germany, Brazil and Japan, and start an online video channel to rival broadcast TV stations.
We sat down with Arianna at Startup 2012 last week to talk about:
• the rumours that she wants to buy back HuffPo from Tim Armstrong,
• why she stayed on after the acquisition and what it is like to work at AOL,
• what’s next for The Huffington Post in the next seven years,
• why she has four Blackberries,
• her obsession with sleep, naps, and rules about gadgets at home,
• and about her keys to success.
“Give me a place to stand on and I can move the world,” Arianna quotes fellow-Greek Archimedes to highlight the importance of being focused. “There is something amazing about being single-minded and not being distracted.”
Watch the full 25-minute interview below. We will be posting excerpt throughout this week.
Produced by Robert Libetti and William Wei
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.