Ariana Grande/YouTubeVictoria Monét and Ariana Grande are surrounded by emojis and animations in the music video for ‘Monopoly.’
- Ariana Grande, who’s currently on the road for her “Sweetener Tour,” just released a brand new song called “Monopoly.”
- The single is a duet with her close friend and frequent co-writer, Victoria Monét (but completely separate from the song they recently performed together onstage).
- Grande teased the track last week when she wrote to Monét on Twitter, “man, let’s drop it tomorrow night… we need to celebrate tbh ! life too short and too sweet rn.” They quickly pushed the release date back to Monday.
- In the music video, the women bounce around joyfully while fending off animated words like “bad vibes,” “haters,” and “Trump.”
- The lyrics celebrate the pair’s work ethic and financial success: “Work so f—ing much, need a twinny, twin, twin / You’d be straight for life if I gave you my PIN.”
- Interestingly, Grande and Monét both sing the line, “I like women and men.” Monét is openly bisexual, though Grande has declined to label her sexuality in the past.
- Watch the video below.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.