Theo Wargo/Getty Images and Frank Micelotta/Getty ImagesIdina Menzel starred as Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, in the play.
- Ariana Grande took to Twitter to confirm she’ll still sing “The Wizard and I” in NBC’s upcoming TV special titled “A Very Wicked Halloween: Celebrating 15 Years on Broadway.”
- Idina Menzel previously sang the track when she starred as Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West.
- This will be one of Grande’s first public appearances following the death of ex Mac Miller and her recent reported split from fiancé Pete Davidson.
- Grande has expressed her adoration for the long-running show in the past. During a “Carpool Karaoke” episode in 2017, the self-proclaimed “theatre nerd” belted out “Wicked” lyrics and said: “One of my dream roles is to play Elphaba. I would do it tomorrow.”
- The tribute, which marks 15 years of “Wicked” being on Broadway, airs on Monday, October 29 at 10 p.m. ET and will include performances from stars Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) October 15, 2018
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.