- Ariana Grandeteased an appearance from NSYNC before her Coachella performance, and she delivered.
- The four current members of the 90s band appeared alongside her to perform one of their biggest hits “Tearin’ Up My Heart.”
- Grande is a big fan of 90s references. She channeled “Clueless” with an updated version of Cher’s iconic plaid outfit on her most recent tour.
- Fans went wild for the NSYNC collaboration, with many being impressed at the vocals and dance moves.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
If you’re an avid watcher of Ariana Grande’s social media, you may have noticed her dropping hints about 90s boy band NSYNC in the few days ahead of her Coachella set.
And on the night she delivered. Grande brought four of the five original NSYNC band members – minus Justin Timberlake – to perform one of their biggest hits “Tearin’ Up My Heart.”
Just before the set, the band tweeted a photo of them hanging out with Grande, with the caption “Tune in now.”
— *NSYNC (@NSYNC) April 15, 2019
As well as bringing the nostalgia back for everyone in the audience with the song, Grande and the band also nailed the 90s choreography.
Grande makes no mistake of referencing 90s culture. In her recent tour, she channeled “Clueless” with an updated version of Cher’s iconic plaid outfit.
On social media, people loved the throwback, and praised JC Chasez, Chris Kirkpatrick, Joey Fatone, and Lance Bass for their voices and harmonies. Some were sad Justin Timberlake wasn’t present, but many said it was great seeing the others have their time to shine.
This *NSYNC Coachella reunion, even without JT, is the greatest news! It gives us fans all a little hope. You four are going to make Coachella!!! I’m so incredibly jealous that I can’t be there in person to witness this incredible moment!
— Marlene T (@MarleeT253) April 14, 2019
— Rachel Gordon (@RachelGordon85) April 13, 2019
One fan even said that the collaboration was a bigger moment than the series premiere of “Game of Thrones.”
Despite some initial confusion about Grande’s choice of duet partners, it’s clear she is a big fan herself, which brought the performance to life.
— WiLD 94.9 (@Wild949) April 15, 2019
…… sure is ???? https://t.co/fhN2ixRwFX
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) April 14, 2019
the best medicine ???? 90s baby ???????? pic.twitter.com/lQuTf2Udoo
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) April 11, 2019
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.