- Madame Tussauds London released images of their new wax figure that was inspired by Ariana Grande.
- The statue, which was unveiled at EL&N Café in London, England on Tuesday, features Grande’s signature high ponytail, over-the-knee boots, an oversized sweater, and a microphone in one hand.
- Fans on Twitter said that the figure doesn’t look like the “Thank U, Next” singer. They said that the nose and eyebrows aren’t accurate.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Ariana Grande’s new wax figure has been unveiled and her fans aren’t impressed.
On Tuesday, Madame Tussauds released images of the statue seen at EL&N Café in London, England. The figure included Grande’s signature high ponytail, over-the-knee boots, an oversized sweater, and a microphone in one hand.
The look, which Madame Tussauds calls “Classic Ari,” was chosen after fans weighed in back in April. They were asked to select a style for Grande’s figure: “Classic Ari,” “Sassy Ari,” or “Princess Ari.”
You can see the completed statue in the post below.
You chose Classic Ari!
— Madame Tussauds (@MadameTussauds) May 21, 2019
Fans on Twitter are disappointed by the wax figure and many said that the facial features, like the nose and eyebrows, aren’t accurate.
I wouldn’t say nailed
— Team Ariana London & UK (TODAY) (@AGrandeLDN) May 22, 2019
Dosnt really look like her but okay
— kaynaat ♡ (@kaynaatrashidx) May 21, 2019
The facial features don’t match too welll
— [ ????????????????, Miss Americana ] (@buteralattay) May 21, 2019
that’s not ariana
— OSKAR MET Camila ❤❤❤ (@iza16081) May 21, 2019
eyebrows nose and lips are completely wrong
— maddy ???? (@maddy_kyle26) May 22, 2019
Seriously, like it’s not even identical. Such a disappointment.
— è (@agirlname_e) May 22, 2019
you’re rlly not gonna do her iconic straight eyebrows
— em saw ariana ☁️ ⎊ (@starksbuteras) May 22, 2019
Are you sure this is Ariana? Because I’m not.
— ???????????????????????? (@romanianlettuce) May 24, 2019
The “Thank U, Next” singer’s wax figure will be available to the public until late June. This also isn’t the first time a statue has been created in honour of Grande. In April 2017, Madame Tussauds Blackpool revealed their Grande-inspired creation. Eight months later, another one was unveiled one at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas.
- Read more about Ariana Grande:
- Ariana Grande was invited to NASA where she tried on a spacesuit, FaceTimed with the International Space Station, and drove around in a rover
- Justin Bieber hit back when an E! host insulted his Coachella performance – and Ariana Grande jumped to his defence
- Ariana Grande said that touring is ‘hell’ because performing her own songs is ‘like reliving it all over again’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.