- Ariana Grande took to her Instagram story on Saturday to share a post that appears to be subtle shade towards Kanye West.
- While watching “Saturday Night Live,” Grande captioned a Boomerang of Davidson on the show: “I love you like Kanye loves Kanye.”
- The sentence is a lyric from one of West’s songs, but fans also think it was a subtle dig at West.
- During the season 44 premiere of “Saturday Night Live,” West came under fire for going on an unplanned and unaired pro-Trump rant.
- On the most recent episode of “SNL,” Davidson slammed the rapper’s comments.
On Saturday, the singer posted photos and videos on her Instagram story as she watched “Saturday Night Live,” on which Davidson stars. One Boomerang Grande shared featured the Davidson on “SNL” with the caption: “I love you like Kanye loves Kanye.”
???? Ariana Grande via Instagram Stories: pic.twitter.com/pWGCpUxpkO
— AGBR Update (@AGBRUpdate) October 7, 2018
The remark was a reference to a lyric from West’s song “I Love Kanye,” but fans thought the timing was no coincidence. During the most recent “SNL” episode, Davidson appeared on the “Weekend Update” and spoke out on the rapper’s unaired and unplanned pro-Trump speech that took place the on the prior week’s episode.
“What Kanye said after he went off the air last week was one of the worst, like, most awkward things I’ve ever seen here – and I’ve seen Chevy Chase speak to an intern,” Davidson said. Recently, the comedian called Chase “a genuinely bad, racist person.”
In response to West’s claim that he was bullied by the “SNL” cast and crew and advised to not wear a “Make America Great Again” hat onstage, Davidson said: “Nobody told him not to wear it.”
“I wish I bullied you,” he said. “I wish I had suggested that it might upset some people, like your wife, or every black person ever.”
After the season 44 “SNL” premiere, West received criticism for his pro-Trump rant, which took place at the end of the show.
“I want to cry right now. Black man in America, you’re supposed to keep what you feel inside right now,” West sang during the unaired rant. “And the liberals bully you and tell you what you can and cannot wear, where you and they can’t not stare. And they look at me and say, ‘It’s not fair. How the hell did you get here?'”
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.