Apple analyst Gene Munster was on Bloomberg Radio with Tom Keene and Ken Pruitt yesterday.He added more details about what he expects from Apple’s forthcoming TV, which he (and we) expect will be announced in the fall.
- Apple’s TV “is real”
- “It will be the biggest thing in consumer electronics since the smartphone” [That’s a huge statement considering the launch of the iPad and considering that Munster is not given to hyperbole]
- “It’s going to live up to some of the building hype”
- Munster’s betting the TV will be announced this year and will then freeze the TV market for 5 months while everyone waits for it to actually come out
- The really innovative parts of it will be “the design of the TV” and “the way consumers consume content.” “Based on that, it’s going to be exciting for consumers.”
- It “will look different” than a normal TV—”Imagine just a sheet of glass”—”no edges or bevels.”
- Voice control will be “one of the ways” to control the TV, but “a lot of people still like channel surfing and being couch potatoes and Apple will still allow you to do that. It will allow you to do both of those—and I think that’s the code that Steve Jobs said he had cracked in his biography.”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.