Sound the alarm: The Apple Store website went down!
Apple’s online store went offline early on Monday morning as the Cupertino technology company prepared to launch new products — a new iPad and a red version of iPhone 7.
Shoppers were redirected to a message saying Apple has “got something special in store for you,” and asked to “check back soon.”
Apple didn’t send out invites to journalists for a big unveiling event, like it does for each iPhone launch, implying that the launch was more incremental than huge. Apple news blog 9to5Mac said that Apple was rumoured to be preparing updates to the iPad Pro line — and that guess turned out to be true!
More from Business Insider UK:
- Here’s how Uber says it’s fixing the ‘cult of the individual’ problem at the company
- Apple is abandoning its expensive image (AAPL)
- Dunkin’ Doughnuts is ditching the most unhealthy drink on its menu — here’s the replacement
- A former investment banker turned ‘She-E-O’ launched a ‘period underwear’ startup — now the company is embroiled in an alleged sexual harassment disaster
- The controversial New York ‘giveaway’ in the GOP healthcare bill would shaft some Republican parts of New York
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.