Apple is up more than 5% on Wednesday morning at $127.76 after reporting better than expected earnings on Tuesday afternoon. While the quarterly results were ahead of estimates, the company’s second quarter revenue guidance came up a bit short.
Here’s a look at the key numbers:
- EPS (GAAP): $3.36, up 2% year-over-year, ($3.22 expected)
- Revenue: $78.4 billion, up 3% year-over-year, ($77.4 billion expected)
- Gross margin: 38.5%, versus expectations of 38.4%
- iPhone unit sales: 78 million, up 4% year-over-year, versus expectations of 76.3 million
- Q2 revenue guidance: $51.5 billion to $53.5 billion ($53.8 million expected)
The report showed iPhone sales grew for the first time in a year, but iPad sales declined for a 12th straight quarter. CEO Tim Cook said that Apple Watch sales set records for revenue and units sold, but did not disclose exact figures.
Visit Markets Insider for constantly updated market quotes for individual stocks, ETFs, indices, commodities and currencies traded around the world. Go Now!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.