Apple just introduced the iPhone XR, a new iPhone that starts at $US749 and has a 6.1-inch screen – giving it more screen real estate than the iPhone 8 Plus, which has a 5.5-inch screen.
The phone will be available to order on October 19 and will start shipping on October 26.
The new device is one of three new iPhones Apple introduced Wednesday at its annual event in Cupertino, California. It also unveiled the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max, along with the Apple Watch Series 4.
At that $1,229 price tag, the iPhone XR is cheaper than either of the other two iPhone models, which start at $1,629 and $1,799.
What separates the iPhone XR from the other devices is its LCD display, which has a lower resolution than the iPhone XS and XS Max, resulting in a lower price point. It also has a single-lens camera and is made with aluminium.
The iPhone XR will also come in six colours (black, white, red, yellow, coral, and blue) and three storage sizes (64 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB).
Here’s the iPhone XR in blue:
And here’s the device in coral:
Here are the specs:
- A 6.1-inch “Liquid Retina” LCD edge-to-edge display.
- No home button.
- Apple’s A12 Bionic chip.
- Face ID using Apple’s True Depth camera system.
- Wireless charging.
- 1.5 hours more battery life than the iPhone 8 Plus.
- A single 12-megapixel rear camera lens.
- Portrait-mode photos using a software feature Apple called “Depth Control.”
Now tell us what you think!
Want to take more surveys? Become a BI Insider today!
Read more from Wednesday’s Apple iPhone launch event:
- Apple just introduced a brand-new Apple Watch, the Apple Watch Series 4
- The next version of Apple’s iPhone software, iOS 12, is coming on September 17 – here are some of the biggest changes coming
- It’s official: This is the iPhone XS
- Here’s what happened during Apple’s big iPhone launch event
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.