Want to check out all the new goodies that Apple has built into the latest version of iOS, the software that runs on iPhones and iPads?
Now you can — you simply have to sign up with Apple to download the beta version.
iOS 11 runs on all iPhones with a fingerprint sensor, going back to the iPhone 5S. However, if you have an iPhone 5, 5C, or iPhone 4S, you won’t be able to install iOS 11.
Before you install the beta, though, you have to understand that this is pre-release software. There are going to be bugs and other little errors, and there’s always a chance you could lose your data or your phone won’t work properly, so you’ll want to back up first. That said, you might want to wait until the official final version of iOS 11, which will be released this fall.
But if you’re willing to take the risk, there are a lot of great new goodies for your Apple phone or tablet in this release — and you will help Apple squash the bugs for everyone else.
Here are some highlights:
- Siri gets a lot of improvements, including a new voice.
- The Control Center has been completely redesigned and now users can customise it.
- The App Store has been redesigned to become much more visual and curated.
- The Camera app can now read QR codes and got a bunch of new filters.
- Apple Music now has profile pages.
- Apple Maps now covers indoor malls and airports.
- There’s a new setting that will help you clear storage space on your device.
- You can now share a Wi-Fi password with your contacts.
EXCLUSIVE FREE REPORT:
25 Big Tech Predictions by BI Intelligence. Get the Report Now »
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.