Photo: Associated Press
Apple’s top executives sold just over 1 million shares of stock on Wednesday and Thursday, according to SEC filings issued last night.The filings reveal seven executives sold shares for either $229.37 or 230.70. Good timing! After hitting intraday highs yesterday, Apple’s stock closed at $226.65.
Philip Elmer-DeWitt added it all up:
- Tim Cook, COO, sold 300,000 shares for $68 million. Philip notes $32 million was set aside for taxes.
- Peter Oppenheimer, CFO, sold 200,000 shares for $45.98 million.
- Ron Johnson, SVP, sold 200,000 shares for $45.95 million.
- Phil Schiller, SVP, sold 150,000 shares for $34.47 million.
These last three sold small amounts to cover a tax burden, says Philip:
- Robert Mansfield, SVP, sold 34,575 for $7.9 million.
- Scott Forstall, SVP, sold 34,575 for $7.9 million.
- Bertrand Serlet, SVP, sold 69,585 for $16 million.