In November, Apple slashed the price of its USB-C accessories.
People were buying Apple’s latest MacBook Pro, which uses a new kind of USB port, and they were finding they needed adapters to make their old accessories work.
So Apple announced a sale, which took between 25%-50% off the price of adapters, including the popular USB-C to USB adaptor.
Originally, the sale was only scheduled to run through December 31.But on Tuesday, Apple updated the fine print on its website to reflect the fact that the sale will run through March 31, 2017.
The sale also affects the
LG UltraFine 5K Display, an external monitor Apple said was designed to work well with the new MacBook Pro. The 27-inch screen went on sale on Tuesday for $974, down from $1,299.
But most people will use the sale not to buy an expensive screen but to pick up some high-quality cables. Here are the accessories and prices included in the discount:
- USB-C to USB adaptor: from $19 to $9
- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor: from $49 to $29
- USB-C to Lightning cable, 1 meter: from $25 to $19
- USB-C to Lightning cable, 2 meters: from $35 to $29
- USB-C digital AV multiport adaptor: from $69 to $49
- USB-C VGA multiport adaptor: from $69 to $49
- SanDisk Extreme Pro SD UHS-II Card USB-C reader: from $49 to $29
- Other third-party USB-C peripherals: about 25% off
- LG UltraFine 5K display: from $1,299.95 to $974
- LG UltraFine 4K display: from $699.95 to $524
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.