Apple’s iPad Pro is now available in a brand new size.
Before Monday, the company’s professional tablet was available with 12.9- and 9.7-inch displays. Now, you can get it with a 10.5-inch one, the company announced Monday at its WWDC event in San Jose, California.
Apart from its screen size, the new model, which will start at $US649 for 64GB of storage and go up to $US949 for 512GB, will also include some updated specs and features, among them:
– A True Tone display with wide colour gamut that’s 50 per cent brighter than those on previous iPad models. The display will also support HDR for excellent colours.
– A new feature Apple calls “ProMotion” that wll refresh its display at a 120Hz rate, which is twice as fast as normal. That will allow
for smoother scrolling and general usage. The 10.5-inch iPad Pro will automatically adjust the refresh rate depending on what you’re viewing to maximise both performance and battery life. It will reduce the refresh rate for viewing photos, for example, or ramp it up for watching a movie.
– Apple’s A10X Fusion chip, which offers 30% faster speed and 40% better graphics performance than its A9X processor.
– 10-hour battery life.
– A new app switcher for better multi-tasking with iOS 11.
– The same 12-megapixel camera from the iPhone 7, which includes features like optical image stabilisation (OIS) and recording 4K video. The 10.5-inch iPad will also get the iPhone 7’s seven-megapixel front camera.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.