Anthony Atamanuik — the host of Comedy Central’s new hit late-night series “The President Show” — says he was surprised at Alec Baldwin’s behaviour during their recent feud over impersonating Trump.
Atamanuik publicly feuded with the “Saturday Night Live” Trump impersonator after Baldwin made some disparaging comments about Atamanuik on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” Both were lobbying to play the president at this year’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
“He was being a bit of a wiseass. And so I was a wiseass back on Twitter, considering we knew each other in some fashion,” Atamanuik said during Wednesday’s episode of Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.” “And he blocked me and kind of got harsh. It was intense.”
The comedian says he previously met Baldwin when he was an extra on “30 Rock.”
Despite Baldwin’s “harsh” reaction, Atamanuik added, “I hope Alec knows that I respect him and love him and I don’t have any animosity at all.”
That said, Atamanuik wanted to make sure Cohen understood that his impression isn’t a copy of Baldwin’s.
“That’s impossible, because I was doing it before he did it,” the “President Show” host said. “I’m not going to screw around.”
Watch the video below:
More from Jethro Nededog:
- Trump impersonator Anthony Atamanuik opens up about his ‘harsh’ feud with Alec Baldwin
- Here are all your favourite TV shows that are coming back for another season
- Stephen Colbert says he knows the real reason Trump fired James Comey
- 30 TV shows that were just canceled
- The prisoners strike back in the new ‘Orange Is the New Black’ trailer
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.