- Angelina Jolie has blonde hair for her new role as Thena in Marvel’s upcoming movie “The Eternals,” which will be released on November 6, 2020.
- Photos taken from the UK set of the film showed the actress wearing a white gown and sporting platinum blonde locks.
- It’s unclear if Jolie dyed her hair for the part or is wearing a wig.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
New pictures show that Angelina Jolie is blonde for her new role in the upcoming movie “The Eternals,” and she looks stunning.
The 44-year-old actress will make her Marvel Cinematic Universe debut as Thena in the star-studded movie, which hits theatres on Friday, November 6, 2020. Filming for the movie has started and Jolie was photographed on the set on Friday wearing a billowing, long-sleeved white gown. According to some fans, the filming took place at Frensham Little Pond in the UK.
Images taken by paparazzi showed the “Maleficent” star standing by a body of water and ditching her brunette hair colour for a platinum blonde look. It’s unclear if Jolie dyed her hair or is wearing a wig for her role.
You can see Jolie’s new appearance in the photo below.
Fans who saw the images from the set praised Jolie’s look.
And she looks absolutely stunning even when the pics are blurry
— Rachelle Bogart (@indreamswake) September 21, 2019
And this is without the editing and effects. She will look out of this world beautiful in the film omg
— DANIELLE (@whyustanning) September 20, 2019
She looks soo good i cant ????♥
— Aisha hastings ︽✵︽ (@aisha_hastings) September 21, 2019
The queen looking good as always
— king (@kingmans227) September 20, 2019
LOVE HER ????
— Best Closer Alive ???? (@mmafanz0ne) September 21, 2019
“The Eternals” marks the second film set to be released as part of Marvel’s fourth phase (the first is a standalone “Black Widow” film that will hit theatres on May 1, 2020). The movie focuses on a group of immortals who have special skills, like super strength and the ability to fly. In the comics, Jolie’s character was born in Olympia and is the daughter of Zuras.
Her involvement in “The Eternals” was confirmed at San Diego Comic-Con on July 20.
“I’m so excited to be here,” Jolie said. “I’m going to work 10 times harder because I think what it means to be part of the MCU, what it means to be an Eternal, to be a part of this family, I know what we all need to do. We have all read the script, we all know what the task ahead is, and we know what you deserve, so we are all going to be working very, very hard.”
“What’s really moving to me is that they want to see me strong, and so it’s less to see me in a film, but they’re just happy I will be strong and having fun,” she said.
Jolie will star alongside Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh, Don Lee, and Kit Harington in “The Eternals.”
- Read more:
- Kit Harington is officially joining the MCU in ‘The Eternals’ movie coming out next year
- Angelina Jolie says her kids are thrilled to see her ‘strong’ in Marvel’s upcoming ‘Eternals’ movie
- Marvel just announced all of its movies for the next 3 years – here they all are
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.