- Andy Cohen said that he tried to set up Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Sebastian Stan when they were guests on “Watch What Happens Live” in May 2018.
- The talk show host was unaware that Chopra Jonas was quietly dating Nick Jonas, who she married in December 2018, at the time.
- “The funny thing is, she [Chopra Jonas] was on with Sebastian Stan last time she was on and I was trying to set you two up and there were articles about your chemistry,” Cohen recalled on Thursday’s episode of “WWHL,” which Chopra Jonas appeared on.
- In response, Chopra Jonas said: “I know, and everybody talked about it, and I was like, ‘Oh my…’ By then, I was dating Nick.”
During Chopra Jonas’ appearance on “WWHL” on Thursday, the actress recalled being grilled about her dating life when she was a guest on the show with Sebastian Stan, in May 2018. At the time, she was dating Nick Jonas, but fans were unaware. Cohen admitted that when she was on the talk show, he tried to play matchmaker between her and the “Avengers” star.
“The funny thing is, she [Chopra Jonas] was on with Sebastian Stan last time she was on and I was trying to set you two up and there were articles about your chemistry,” Cohen said.
In response, Chopra Jonas said: “I know, and everybody talked about it, and I was like, ‘Oh my…’ By then, I was dating Nick.”
“Got me into trouble,” she joked.
The “Quantico” star and Stan appeared on the show on May 3, 2018, days before the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Chopra Jonas and Markle met years ago at an Elle event and their friendship grew when they filmed separate TV shows, “Quantico” and “Suits,” in Vancouver.
The actress scored an invite to the wedding, but played coy when Cohen asked her if she had a date for the event.
“There’s a decision pending on that,” she said. After Cohen explained that it would be a big step to take someone to the wedding that she was “casually dating,” Chopra responded, “That would be weird, right? Good thing I’m not.”
Cohen then suggested that Chopra Jonas should bring Stan as her date.
“Sebastian is very unclear about his complicated status,” she said.
Although Chopra Jonas didn’t bring a date to the royal wedding, she was in the early stages of her relationship with Jonas at the time. The two stars texted each other beginning in 2016, then met in real life at the 2017 Vanity Fair Oscars Party. In May 2017, they partnered up for the Met Gala, since they both wore outfits designed by Ralph Lauren. The following year at the Met, they ran into each other.
In May 2018, they started going on dates and Jonas later told Vogue that he knew he wanted to marry her by their third date. The singer ended up proposing to Chopra Jonas in July 2018 and they held two extravagant wedding ceremonies in December, a Christian one for Jonas’ faith and a Hindu one for Chopra Jonas religion, at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.
Watch the video below.
- Read more about Priyanka Chopra:
- Priyanka Chopra put a playful spin on the sheer-fashion trend in a $US1,370 polka-dot top and skirt
- Miley Cyrus posted a DM from Nick Jonas, and Priyanka Chopra took notice
- Joe Jonas said he’d rather vacation with Nick and Priyanka over Kevin and Danielle, but he has a really good reason
- Priyanka Chopra revealed Nick Jonas’ ‘mind-blowing’ romantic surprise for her right before their wedding
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.