Photo: bgautrea via Flickr
Last night a bunch of Business Insider writers went out for Chinese food in New York’s East Village. Eventually the conversation turned to Android and Google’s dessert-themed naming scheme for each new version.(Google goes in alphabetical order too. Previous versions have been named Cupcake, doughnut, Eclair, etc..)
So we decided to speculate what Google will call the next few versions of Android, starting with “K.” (Jelly Bean has already been announced and will launch in a few weeks.)
Here’s what we came up with:
- Key Lime Pie (this is sort of confirmed already)
- Lemon Meringue
- Q? (We got stuck on this one. Your suggestions are welcome)
We got bored after that.
Anyway, if you’re interested in Android stuff, Google announced a bunch of products last week. Here’s what you should be reading:
- Our review of the Nexus 7 tablet
- Screenshots of Jelly Bean, the new version of Android
- Photos of the Nexus Q, Google’s new media streaming device for your TV
Nicholas Carlson, Jay Yarow, Matt Lynley, Kevin Smith, and Alex Cocotas contributed to this report.