Android Pay and Nexus announced a promotion that will give any Nexus smartphone user who tests Android Pay during the holiday season a Best Buy gift card worth $20. Last month, Google also ran a donation-based program that gave $1 per Android Pay transaction to special needs education charities.
The promotion could encourage Nexus users to adopt Android Pay for two reasons:
- Users want mobile wallet incentives. A CMB study indicates that 44% of likely mobile wallet users would test a product if they had access to a wallet-specific rewards program. The Best Buy gift card could be enough to push users to test the service.
- Habits form from regular usage. The Best Buy gift card will be delivered on the Android Pay app, which means that users will have to return to Android Pay in order to access their reward. Users form habits around services they can use regularly, so by gently pushing users to return to Android Pay, the rewards program could kickstart that process.
This story was originally sent to professionals just like you in this morning’s PAYMENTS INSIDER Newsletter by BI Intelligence, a subscription research service from Business Insider. Get 14 days risk free »
Interested in getting in-depth analysis on this topic and others like it? Here are a few ways to access our exclusive research:
- Purchase & download comprehensive research reports from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Reports Now
- Try our INSIDER Newsletters risk-free. Every morning the BI Intelligence team will deliver you a daily newsletter covering everything you need to know in your digital industry. >> Start Now Risk-Free
- Subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to ALL of our expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you’ll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
PS. Did you know…
Our BI Intelligence INSIDER Newsletters are currently read by thousands of business professionals first thing every morning. Fortune 1000 companies, startups, digital agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates rely on these newsletters to keep atop the key trends shaping their digital landscape — whether it is mobile, digital media, e-commerce, payments, or the Internet of Things.
Our subscribers consider the INSIDER Newsletters a “daily must-read industry snapshot” and “the edge needed to succeed personally and professionally” — just to pick a few highlights from our recent customer survey.
With our full money-back guarantee, we make it easy to find out for yourself how valuable the daily insights are for your business and career. Click this link to learn all about the INSIDER Newsletters today.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.