Let’s take a look at analysts’ morning notes.
ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES (ANR):
- JPMORGAN: The Massey Energy deal is good and fundamentals in coal are strong. The stock could easily top $60 in 12 months.
INTERNATIONAL PAPER (IP):
- JPMORGAN: Stock is cheap. Operations and cash flow are improving. The company could hike its dividend another 33% as well as buyback 10% of its shares.
BORDERS GROUP (BGP):
- JPMORGAN: Company is filing for bankruptcy either today or tomorrow. Some bankers are doubtful whether BGP can be restructured as standalone company and think it may have to seek liquidation.
- JPMORGAN: The stock is cheap with strong revenue and earnings growth
- STIFEL NICOLAUS: Maintain buy, upside is going to be driven by IPG and ESSN segments
- CANACCORD GENUITY: It has its work cut out for it by challenging Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android. Stock fell after it announced it will use Microsoft’s Windows Phone as its software platform.
- CANACCORD GENUITY: Stock tanked after it announced its earnings would drop due to new technology and marketing investments
KRAFT FOODS (KFT):
- CANACCORD GENUITY: Bullish and raised its 2011 EPS estimate. The message from management is that Cadbury will help earnings growth.
RUBICON TECHNOLOGY (RBCN):
- STERNE AGEE: Not sustainable in the near term. We are bearish and recommend selling.