A New York design firm called Clouds Architecture Office
has proposed a tower that would hang from an asteroid 31,068 miles above Earth.
The Analemma Tower would be the tallest building ever made. The plans say it would be powered by solar panels and those panels would constantly be exposed to sunlight.
It would travel thousands of miles every day between the Northern and Southern hemispheres in a figure-of-eight loop.
The idea seems pretty impossible but Nasa has scheduled an asteroid relocation mission for 2021, “which aims to prove the feasibility of capturing and relocating an asteroid.”
Produced by Leon Siciliano
More from Business Insider UK:
- ‘The sources stand by it’: Fox News analyst cited by Trump on wiretapping returns to the air, stands by unsubstantiated report
- IKEA moves into the smart home space
- The most popular way of avoiding bathroom germs is bogus — here’s what you should do instead
- This concept skyscraper could hang from an asteroid 31,068 miles above Earth
- Adidas is launching biodegradable shoes that can be dissolved in 36 hours
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.