- If you have an Amex card, you’re eligible for Amex Offers.
- Amex Offers are deals for cash back or bonus points when you shop at different retailers, and they vary from cardholder to cardholder.
- Some Amex cardholders are currently eligible to receive $US25 back or 2,500 Membership Rewards points when they make a purchase of $US50 or more with Instacart.
- Even better, you can use this offer up to two times, for up to $US50 back or 5,000 points.
- I saw this offer attached to the Platinum Card® from American Express when I logged in to my account, but you could see it attached to a different card in your account.
- Read more personal finance coverage.
If you have an Amex card, you may want to check your account to see if you’re eligible for this new Amex Offer. Some cardholders can currently get $US25 back or 2,500 Amex Membership Rewards points when they spend at least $US50 with Instacart.
Eligible cardholders who add this offer to their account can earn $US25 back or 2,500 Amex points when they spend $US50 or more through Instacart, either at Instacart.com or via the Instacart app. The offer expires on December 31, 2019.
If you’re eligible for this Amex Offer, you’ll either get the cash-back or points version. In my case, I see an offer for 2,500 points back.
This offer was attached to my Amex Platinum card, though you could see it attached to another Amex card. Unfortunately, I didn’t see it on my American Express® Gold Card account – that would be ideal, since that card earns 4x points on the first $US25,000 spent at US supermarkets each year (then 1x), and Instacart reportedly counts for the 4x. Still, the opportunity to earn 2,500 points is probably worth using the Amex Platinum if I decide to do some grocery shopping through Instacart before the end of the year.
Unlike some other Amex Offers, this one can be used more than once. The terms and conditions state that you can use it up to two times. So in my case, if I make two purchases of $US50 or more through Instacart, I could get 5,000 Amex points. The Points Guy valuesAmex Membership Rewards points at 2 cents apiece for booking travel, which means that 5,000 points could be worth as much as $US100.
The best Amex Offers available now
How Amex Offers work
Amex Offers are targeted, which means that not everyone will see the same deals when they log in to their account. The more Amex cards you have, the better your chance at having a certain offer.
You need to add the offer to your Amex account before you make the purchase in order to get the bonus Amex points or the cash back. Here’s how you do that:
- Log in to your online Amex account.
- You’ll see icons in the top right for each of the cards you hold. Click which one you want to find offers for.
- Once you’re viewing the correct card, scroll down on the main account page. Keep scrolling and click “View All” to see all available offers on that card.
- When you find one you want to use, click “Add to Card.” If you want to confirm that it’s been activated, click the
- “Added to Card” tab.
- Repeat for each card you have.
Amex Offers aren’t the only reason to consider an Amex credit or charge card, but they’re a valuable perk, especially since offers change all the time and you can find deals from brands like Levi’s, Starbucks, Adidas, and Best Buy.
If you don’t have an Amex card, here are some great ones to consider:
- The Platinum Card from American Express – It has a $US550 annual fee, but more perks than just about any other rewards credit card. Get up to $US200 in Uber credits each year, up to $US200 in airline incidental fee credits each year, and up to $US100 in Saks credits each year. You’ll earn 5x points on flights booked directly with the airlines or Amex Travel, and get access to various airport lounges.
- American Express® Gold Card – If you eat out, this card can be a very rewarding option, because it earns 4x points at restaurants. You also get up to $US10 each month in the form of statement credits when you make a purchase at GrubHub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shacks. There’s a $US250 annual fee.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – If cash back is more up your alley, the Blue Cash Preferred is a great choice thanks to 6% back at US supermarkets (on up to $US6,000 per year, then 1% back) and on select US streaming services, and 3% back on transit and at US gas stations (and 1% on back everything else). There’s a $US95 annual fee.
- More credit card coverage
- What’s the best airline credit card?
- The best cash-back credit cards
- Southwest credit card review
- Best rewards credit cards
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.