- Amex Offers are deals for Amex cardholders – they get you cash back or bonus points on purchases with select retailers. Amex cards from the Platinum Card® from American Express to the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express are eligible.
- One current offer gets eligible cardholders 2 additional Amex points per dollar at Amazon.
- The offer is available until September 30, and you can earn up to 1,500 Amex points.
- Not everyone will be eligible for this offer – these deals are targeted, so everyone will see different options in their account.
If you have an Amex card and you shop at Amazon, you should check your account to see if you’re eligible to earn bonus points.
Until September 30, eligible Amex cardholders can earn 2 bonus Membership Rewards points per dollar spent at Amazon, either via Amazon.com or the US Amazon mobile app.
This Amex Offer limits you to earning 1,500 Amex Membership Rewards points – but that’s in addition to the points you’d earn for regular spending with your eligible Amex card.
Most Amex Membership Rewards cards earn 1 point per dollar on Amex purchases, so with this offer you’d earn 3 points per dollar on up to $US750 in spending at Amazon. The exception is the Blue Business® Plus Card from American Express, which earns 2x points on the first $US50,000 spent each year (then 1x). With that card, you could earn up to 4x points on the first $US750 spent at Amazon if you’re eligible for this offer.
How Amex Offers work
Amex Offers are targeted, which means that not everyone will see the same deals when they log in to their account. The more Amex cards you have, the better your chance at having a certain offer.
You need to add the offer to your Amex account before you make the purchase in order to get the bonus Amex points. Here’s how you do that:
- Log in to your online Amex account.
- You’ll see icons in the top right for each of the cards you hold. Click which one you want to find offers for.
- Once you’re viewing the correct card, scroll down on the main account page. Keep scrolling and click “View All” to see all available offers on that card.
- When you find one you want to use, click “Add to Card.” If you want to confirm that it’s been activated, click the
- “Added to Card” tab.
- Repeat for each card you have.
Amex Offers aren’t the only reason to consider an Amex credit or charge card, but they’re a valuable perk, especially since offers change all the time and you can find deals from brands like Levi’s, Starbucks, Adidas, and Best Buy.
If you don’t have an Amex card, here are some great ones to consider:
- The Platinum Card from American Express – It has a $US550 annual fee, but more perks than just about any other rewards credit card. Get up to $US200 in Uber credits each year, up to $US200 in airline incidental fee credits each year, and up to $US100 in Saks credits each year. You’ll earn 5x points on flights booked directly with the airlines or Amex Travel, and get access to various airport lounges.
- American Express® Gold Card – If you eat out, this card can be a very rewarding option, because it earns 4x points at restaurants. You also get up to $US10 each month in the form of statement credits when you make a purchase at GrubHub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shacks. There’s a $US250 annual fee.
- Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express –If cash back is more up your alley, the Blue Cash Preferred is a great choice thanks to 6% back at US supermarkets (on up to $US6,000 per year, then 1% back) and on select US streaming services, and 3% back on transit and at US gas stations (and 1% on back everything else). There’s a $US95 annual fee.
The ultimate guide to current Amex Offers
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.