- Pharmacy giant Walgreens has ended its talks with drug wholesaler AmerisourceBergen about a potential acquisition, CNBC reported Tuesday.
- AmerisourceBergen’s stock dropped by as much as 6% on the news.
- AmerisourceBergen is one of three drug distributors that distribute about 90% of the US’s medications to pharmacies and hospitals.
- On February 12, The Wall Street Journal reported Walgreens, which already owns about 26% of the drug distributor, had reportedly approached the company about a potential takeover.
- AmerisourceBergen shares are up about 4% this year, including Tuesday’s losses.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.