LONDON — An American tourist from Utah, US has been named as the second civilian believed to have been killed in the attack on the capital on Wednesday.
A Facebook post by a person called Shantell Payne, Cochran was killed during the terror attack. Both Cochran and his wife Melissa were tagged in the post. It said:
“With a heavy heart I must pass the sad news of our beautiful brother, father, husband, son and friend Kurt Cochran, he could not overcome the injuries he received in the London terror attacks. This pain is so heart wrenching and raw it has rocked our family and all that knew him to its core.
“We will miss Kurt beyond words. We love you Kurt. RIP. Melissa Payne Cochran is in the hospital with a broken leg, rib and a cut on her head but will recover from her injuries. Sending all the love to her for a quick recovery.
Here is the post in full:
The news is yet to be confirmed by the British authorities.
Four people, including PC Keith Palmer who was 48-year-old husband and father with 15 years’ service, died.
The first civilian victim was identified as Aysha Frade, a 43-year-old year mother of two.
The suspect, who is yet to be named, was shot dead by police. The attacker was described by witnesses as Asian and in his forties.
More from Business Insider UK:
- 4 dead in terror attack in Westminster as ISIS claims responsibility
- Here’s the real scientific link between grey hair and stress
- Ryan Gosling explains why he couldn’t stop laughing during the Oscars best-picture fiasco
- The ‘Trumpcare’ plan to defund Planned Parenthood is about a lot more than abortions
- How to work out like a Formula One driver
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.