- Australia’s first Amazon Prime Day starts Monday at midday.
- Deals will be hosted on this page over the 36-hour sale.
- Big discounts are expected on FireTV, Echo and an Kindle devices.
Australians will for the first time experience Amazon Prime Day as a local shopper.
The crazy sale starts at midday (AEST) on Monday and goes for 36 hours.
Prime Day was introduced in 2015 in the US as a one-day only sales event claiming more deals than Black Friday to celebrate Amazon’s 20th anniversary.
Now with Amazon launching its flagship membership program, Australians have for the first time access to sales via the local website, amazon.com.au
A Prime subscription costs Australians $59 a year or $6.99 ($5.14) a month, with free delivery on millions of local and international items.
Deals for Prime members will be on this page on Prime Day.
Here’s what we know so far:
Deals already live
Prime members who have not streamed a title from Prime Video before, can get a $10 Amazon.com.au credit for streaming a title between now and the end of Prime Day.
Two months free access to Kindle Unlimited offering one million titles for new customers who join Kindle Unlimited before July 31.
Three months free access to Audible for new customers who join Audible between July 9 and 31.
Twitch Prime is giving away a free PC game every day until July 18, including titles such as Pillars of Eternity and Brutal Legend, plus exclusive in-game loot for Warframe and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
Sources at Amazon Australia say to watch prices drop for FireTV, Echo and select Kindle devices.
And during Prime Day in Australia there will be:
- Deals across video game consoles and games such Call of Duty WWII, Far Cry 5 and God of War.
- Up to 60% off on Amazon fashion with brands such as Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Julius Marlow, Fossil and Lorna Jane.
- Discounts on headphones from Sony and Bose, and speakers from Sonos.
- Deals on beauty brands including Maybelline, Rimmel, L’Oreal Paris, Max Factor, Garnier.
- Savings on products for new parents including strollers, car seats, baby monitors and nappies from brands such as Huggies, Maxi Cosi, Safety 1st and Tommee Tippee.
During the sale, watch for Lightning Deals which appear across all categories for a limited time only.
If a lightning deal sells out there is the option to click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page to receive a notification if more stock is released.
Spotlight Deals also feature deep discounts on popular products and appear live throughout Prime day or while stocks last.
- The best Amazon Prime Day deals in Australia right now
- Prime Day is an inflection point: We can now measure the impact Amazon’s having in the Australian market
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.