Amazon is going on a hiring spree and you have one day to take advantage of it.
On Wednesday 2 August, Amazon is hosting its so-called “Jobs Day” at twelve of its warehouses across the US.
The online store will be giving candidates a tour around the warehouse to see how it’s operated, offering interviews, and on-the-spot job offers for part-time and full-time positions for boxing and shipping Amazon’s products to customers.
Amazon announced in January that it plans to create more than 100,000 new jobs by mid-2018, grow its workforce to over 280,000 in total.
Here’s what you need to know to apply:
How to dress:
- Long hair below shoulder length must be pinned or tied up.
- Beards should not exceed three inches from the face without being tied up or netted.
- Make sure you don’t have any chains or drawstrings hanging from clothing and that you remove any jewellery that sticks out from the body as this could be a safety hazard.
- Wear flat, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes.
What to bring with you:
- Proof of employment eligibility. See here for a list of acceptable documents.
Here’s the full list of participating locations:
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.