- Amazon Prime members can get bigger discounts on some products during Prime Day if they buy through their Amazon Alexa speaker, rather than on the main Amazon website.
- For example, an Amazon smart plug is priced at £24.99 ($US32.62) on the Amazon UK website, but costs only £9.99 ($US13.04) when purchased through Alexa.
- Amazon Prime Day, which offers big discounts on thousands of products to Amazon Prime members, runs Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Customers can find out the latest deals from their Alexa speaker by asking: “Alexa, what are your deals?”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Amazon Prime members searching for deals through their Amazon voice assistant speaker are finding lower prices on products than they are by going through the main Amazon website.
For example, Business Insider found an Amazon smart plug priced at Â£24.99 ($US33) on Amazon UK â€” but this dropped to Â£9.99 ($US13) when accessed through voice assistant Alexa.
Customers can ask their Alexa speaker for the latest deals by saying: “Alexa, what are your deals?”
Alexa will then offer to put a highlighted product into your basket.
A Blink Mini smart security camera costs Â£24.99 ($US33) on the Amazon UK website, but customers can pay Â£14.99 ($US19.50) if they buy it through Alexa.
It’s not clear how many products are cheaper through Alexa. Amazon did not respond to a request for comment.
This Prime Day, which lasts for both Tuesday and Wednesday, Amazon is offering more than 1 million deals across a range of items to Amazon Prime subscribers.
Prime Day, which was introduced in 2015 to celebrate Amazon’s 20th anniversary, was a huge success last year. Members purchasing more than 175 million items, making it the biggest shopping day in Amazon’s history.