- The first Black Friday sale on amazon.com.au launched at midnight.
- Deals are across video games, fashion, beauty, electronics, and books.
- The sale runs all weekend to midnight on Monday.
Amazon has launched deals on tens of thousands of products in the first Australian Black Friday sales event on Amazon.com.au.
Country Manager of Amazon Australia Rocco Braeuniger says, “We are delighted to bring our first ever Black Friday Deals Event to Australian customers with tens of thousands of products available at discounted prices… we hope there is something for everyone.”
The deal categories include video games, fashion, beauty, electronics, and books.
Black Friday is the big sale day in the US following Thanksgiving, and is seen as the start of Christmas shopping.
The Black Friday sale starts at 00:01am AEDT on Friday, November 23 and will continue to 23:59pm AEDT on Monday, November 26.
Here are some of the deals we’ve found so far:
- $100 off select Oculus Rift + Touch Virtual Reality System for $499
- Selected Giotek TX-30 Stereo Gaming & Go Headsets for $18
- Fire TV Stick Basic Edition for $54 (Save $15 off RRP)
- Echo Dot (2nd generation) for $39 + Free Echo Dot Case, a 50% saving off RRP for the Echo dot 2nd generation)
- 30% off PlayStation 4 500GB Console + free Spiderman game for $269
- 8% off the Nikon D3500 SLR camera bundle for $499
- Save 49% on the Sony 65″ X70F LED 4K Ultra HDR Smart TV for $1,149
There are also Lightning Deals, a promotion in which a limited number of discounts are offered on an item for a short period of time, on:
- Xbox One S 1TB Minecraft Limited Edition Console with Minecraft Full Game Download Code for just $199
- Red Dead Redemption II video game for Xbox and PlayStation for just $59
There will also be deals on selected robotic vacuum cleaners, Bose products, GoPro Cameras, Sony TVs, and Philips personal care appliances.
Here’s a look at some of the savings you’ll find:
- Up to 50% off select Calvin Klein Clothing
- Up to 50% Off select Men’s T-Shirts, Polos and Shirts across Levi’s, Lacoste, Ben Sherman, Nautica, and Van Heusen
- Up to 50% Off Select Sportswear including Canterbury, Lorna Jane and Puma
- Up to 50% Off select Swimwear including Calvin Klein, Speedo, Lacoste and Bondi Bather
- Up to 50% off select Tommy Hilfiger
- Up to 40% Off select Daniel Wellington Watches
- Up to 50% Off select Handbags and Accessories including Fossil, Oroton and Calvin Klein
- Up to 50% Off select Men Dress Shoes including Brando, Ecco and Julius Marlow
- Up to 50% Off select Sports Shoes including Nike, Puma and Mizuno
- Up to 50% Off select Sunglasses including Local Supply, Cancer Council and Morrissey
- Up to 50% Off select Thongs and Sandals including Birkenstock, Crocs and Keen
- Up to 50% Off select Women Dress Shoes including Sola-Sana, Tony Bianco and Billini
- Save 50% Off select Braun Electric Shavers
For more savings on brands like Phillips, DeLonghi, GoPro, Bose, FitBit click here.
Amazon says its app is a good way to keep an eye on deals, but bookmark this page and we’ll update it will some of the best offers as they come online.
Yesterday, Amazon announced that it will now be able to ship eligible items from amazon.com to Australian delivery addresses.
And earlier this month Amazon Australia launched a local fashion store with more than 150 Australian brands.
Prime members can access some deals exclusively and ahead of time. Australians can join Prime for $6.99 a month or take advantage of the introductory offer of $4.99 a month until January 31, or if eligible, start a 30-day free trial..
Since it launched in Australia in December of last year, Amazon has grown its selection on amazon.com.au four fold, to over 80 million products across 27 categories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.