- Amazon‘s Alexa-powered smart speakers record all of their conversations with humans.
- The devices store transcripts and audio files of the interactions on the Alexa app.
- The files can be deleted with a few simple steps.
The incident happened because the smart speaker had misinterpreted the couple’s remarks as a command to record and send their conversation, Amazon later said.
Some people might not realise, however, that Alexa-powered devices always record what they hear when they interact with humans.
Customers have the power to delete the recordings with a few simple steps:
- Go to “Manage Your Content and Devices” on the Amazon website.
- Select the “Your Devices” tab.
- From the list of devices registered to your Amazon account, select your Alexa device.
- Select “Manage Voice Recordings.”
- Select “Delete.”
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.