amaysim, the mobile sim card company, today launched itself as a energy utility with no lock-in contracts and discounts which don’t expire.
Fresh from its entry into broadband, the business says it will help cut through the unnecessary complexity of choosing a provider of electricity and gas.
“What matters to Australian consumers is clear — they want simplicity, convenience and great value from their energy retailer, and they don’t want any surprises,” says CEO Julian Ogrin.
“With 93% of our mobile customers saying they would recommend amaysim to their family and friends, we aim to translate this positive experience to our new energy customers.”
The company foreshadowed the move in April this year when it bought Click Energy, an online pure-play energy seller, for $120 million.
amaysim customers who sign up to an energy plan will get an $250 energy account credit or $120 off their mobile bill.
The energy plans include discounts that don’t expire, solar feed-in tariffs, no lock-in contracts and monthly billing to minimise quarterly bill shock.
Here are the discounts on offer:
- New South Wales: 35% discount off electricity usage and supply charges
- South Australia: 28% discount off electricity usage and supply charges
- Victoria: 31% discount off electricity usage and supply charges
- Queensland: 15% discount off electricity usage and supply charges
- New South Wales: 13% discount off gas usage and supply charges
- Victoria: 21% discount off gas usage and supply charges
- New South Wales: 25% discount and 17 cents retailer feed-in tariff
- South Australia: 28% discount and 20 cents retailer feed-in tariff
- Victoria: 14% discount and 18 cents retailer feed-in tariff
- Queensland: 7% discount and 14 cents retailer feed-in tariff