The INSIDER Summary:
• Amal Clooney is having twins with her husband, George Clooney.
• Beyoncé announced she was having twins with Jay Z earlier this week, making it the second big recent twins announcement.
“Beyoncé is not the only superstar expecting twins,” Julie Chen, one of the daytime program’s hosts, announced. “Congratulations are in order for George and Amal Clooney!”
The rumours of Clooney’s pregnancy began a month ago, when a family member suggested it to the Lebanese publication The Daily Star, according to The New York Post.
It’s the second major celebrity twin announcement of the week, after Beyoncé, who’s married to Jay Z, announced she was pregnant with twins in a post on Instagram.
More from INSIDER:
- ‘Beauty and Lord Voldemort’ is the ‘Harry Potter’ spoof you never knew you needed
- 35 trips every couple should take in their lifetime
- The 15 best states for singles
- George Clooney and his international human rights lawyer wife Amal are expecting twins
- 13 things to know before ‘The Walking Dead’ returns Sunday
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.