If you have metal fillings and you’ve accidently put tin foil in your mouth then you’ll know it isn’t a great feeling.
The reason it hurts is because you get a galvanic shock which is when your saliva makes an electrical current between the foil and your fillings.
So if you have metal in your mouth make sure you remove all foil from your food or you might get an unwelcome shock.
More from Business Insider UK:
- This job will pay you $US10,000 a month to travel the world in luxury
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (SPY, SPX, QQQ, DIA, AAL, CS, AMZN)
- Footage of Faraday Future’s North Las Vegas construction site
- Here’s why leaders are hyper about hyper-transformation
- The Queen is hiring someone to make cushions and curtains for her royal homes
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.