- An 11-foot-long alligator broke into a Florida woman’s home.
- The scaly creature broke through low-to-the ground windows, making a mess in the woman’s kitchen.
- The photos are absolutely terrifying.
- The Clearwater Police Department said that there were no injuries.
- But Mary Wischhusen, 55, told Fox 13 that she was very scared.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Mary Wischhusen woke up to the sound of a loud crash. It was about 3:30 a.m., so she went to the bathroom. And then she decided to go investigate, she told Fox 13.
She certainly didn’t expect the intruder to be an 11-foot-long alligator in her kitchen.
“I decided I wasn’t staying there, so I went back to my bedroom and closed the door and called the police,” Wischhusen continued. “I was hyperventilating a little, so what I did was I went on the computer and played games to settle down.”
See you later, alligator ???? A scaly 11-foot-long gator broke into a Clearwater home overnight through some low windows in their kitchen. Clearwater Police officers and a trapper responded to the scene to capture and remove the gator. There were no injuries. pic.twitter.com/jsOxRNfkEV
— Clearwater Police Department (@myclearwaterPD) May 31, 2019
Meanwhile, the alligator, who had climbed in a low-to-the-ground window was making a mess in Wischhusen’s kitchen.
The gator smashed bottles of her red wine.
“It’s all over my floor,” she told the outlet.
But aside from that damage, the Clearwater Police Department said that there were no injuries. Although photos of the incident are harrowing.
Ultimately, officers sent a trapper to the scene to capture and remove the gator.
Wischhusen, for her part, is grateful to be OK.
“He could have come right after me,” Wischhusen said. “I’m very happy he did not come after me.”
- Read more:
- A snake struggled to escape from an alligator’s jaw – and the pictures are amazing
- Authorities mistook an 11-foot alligator for an unconscious person
- A kayaker discovered a 4-foot-long alligator in Lake Michigan – to everyone’s surprise
- A Florida woman pulled a baby alligator out of her yoga pants in a traffic stop, and had 41 turtles stashed in her bag, police say
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.