CNN host Piers Morgan had radio host Alex Jones on his show tonight to talk about his role in creating a petition to deport Morgan because of his views on gun control in the wake of the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.The interview quickly devolved into a mostly one-sided shouting episode from Jones, the controversial figure who has promoted conspiracy theories about the government being involved in both the Oklahoma City bombing and the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Some of the highlights of the interview:
- Jones claimed that the recent rape and murder of an Indian student could have been prevented if she had access to a gun.
- He ranted at Morgan, telling him that taking away guns was not a feasible strategy and would lead to government tyranny. “The tyrants did it! Hitler took the guns! Stalin took the guns! Mao took the guns! Fidel Castro took the guns! Hugo Chavez took the guns!”
- Following that, he screams: “I’m here to tell you — 1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms!”
- At one point in the discussion, he challenged Morgan to a boxing match. “I’ll wear red, white and blue and you can wear your Jolly Roger.” He accused Morgan of being a “hatchet man of the New World Order.”
- He responded to Morgan’s question asking him how many murders were committed in Britain last year with a question of his own: “How many chimpanzees can dance on the head of a pin?”
- Morgan went to commercial break clearly irritated: “When we come back, try and answer my questions.”
Here’s video, via CNN:
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.