- Airbnb is giving 100 home cooks the chance to spend a week at an Italian culinary school.
- In celebration of the service’s new “Cooking Experience” packages, the winning applicants will be sent an hour south of Turin to refine their family recipes with cooking experts including Momofuku’s David Chang and his mother.
- The recipes will then be published in Airbnb’s first cookbook and sent to listings across the world.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more details.
Whisks at the ready – Airbnb is on the hunt for 100 budding home chefs to send off to an Italian culinary school where they will be learning from likes of Momofuku’s David Chang and his mother.
Airbnb has launched a “Cooking Experiences” category to its bookable experiences, and to celebrate the company is looking give 100 successful applicants an opportunity to hone their family recipes by studying at Slow Food’s University of Gastronomic Sciences in Pollenzo, Italy, an hour south of Turin.
In intimate groups of 25, winners will get to learn alongside experts including the Momofuku chef and cofounder David Chang and his mother, Sherri, during one of four five-day courses split across four weeks from June to July.
The free trip consists of workshops, classes from UNISG professors, tastings, field visits, and hands-on lessons from one of the platform’s most booked hosts, Nonna Nerina.
Nerina has made $US150,000 by teaching travellers her love of pasta-making.
The Airbnb scholars will be educated on the importance of sustainability in cooking and will be introduced to recognising the flavours and aromas in wine, cheese, and chocolate.
Once those treasured family recipes have been refined under the guidance of professionals, they will be published in the first Airbnb cookbook and sent to listings all over the world.
Throw your own apron into the ring or nominate a favourite home cook to scoop one of prize spots by writing a mini personal essay about your family recipe and enthusiasm for cooking before the deadline of 11:59 p.m. ET on December 23.
- Read more:
- Airbnb just hired an aviation veteran to its C-suite – and a brand expert says this signals Airbnb is going to start offering you bundled travel packages
- David Chang donated all his restaurants’ profits to charity on the day Momofuku investor Stephen Ross held a Trump fundraiser in the Hamptons
- You’ll soon be able to fly nonstop from the US to Naples, the closest international airport to Italy’s stunning Amalfi Coast
- A UK couple spent $US11,800 on an Airbnb rental in Ibiza that doesn’t actually exist
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.