According to a new report from the American Lung Association, Santa Fe residents breathe the cleanest air in America.
Overall, air quality in the U.S. is at its highest since the ALA started tracking pollution levels 13 years ago.
But 40 per cent of people living in the U.S.—more than 127 million people—still live in places where air pollution threatens their health.
While air quality in California has improved significantly in the past decade, its cities continue to rank among the nation’s dirtiest.
According to the ALA, the 10 most ozone-polluted cities are:
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Riverside, Calif.
- Visalia-Porterville, Calif.
- Bakersfield-Delano, Calif.
- Fresno-Madera, Calif.
- Hanford-Corcoran, Calif.
- Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Yuba City, Calif.-Nev.
- San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif.
- Houston-Baytown-Huntsville, Texas
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles, Calif.
- Merced, Calif
Photo: American Lung Association
NOW WATCH: Executive Life videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.