Good morning, AdLand. Here’s what you need to know today:Goodby, Silverstein & Partners opened up its first office in advertising mecca New York City. Its 15 to 25 employees (including two senior execs from San Francisco) are temporarily located at 7 World Trade centre while its office on Varick and Houston is being remodeled. Why the switch? Goodby himself told the New York Times, “we just lose so many people to New York. It’s crazy not to access that.” Now the shop might be able to retire the slide it placed at the end of its pitches to East Coast clients saying, “You call it distance. We call it perspective.”
MediaVest will be doing more at Mondelez. While it was already doing TV and print buying for gum, candy, and snack brands (including Wheat Thins, Oreos, and Ritz), it will start doing media planning and digital buying for gum and candy brands in April.
CP+B hired former R/GA employees Ben Smith and Becca Schepps to be ACD and senior copywriter and the main Boulder office.
After almost six years, Mike McGraw left his job as COO/managing partner at Publicis’ Big Fuel. Just three months ago, CEO Jon Bond split as well.
Todd Anderman joined Thrillist Media Group as its president of sales, marketing and operations. He was previously the chief media and revenue officer at Jumptap.
24/7 Media hired Tom Comerford to be the product manager of its product management team in New York.
Previously on Business Insider Advertising:
- Everything We Know About The Super Bowl Ad Lineup So Far
- These Are Most-Loved — And Most-Hated — Brands Of The Year
- One Of These Hilarious Ads Will Be Doritos’ Super Bowl Spot
- AD OF THE DAY: Pixar’s Brilliant ‘Monsters University’ College Recruitment Video
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli Is Now A Go Daddy Girl
- 14 Incredibly Famous People You Never Knew Started In Advertising
- KFC Is Trying Really Hard To Make ‘Couchgating’ For Football Games A Thing
- Here’s How They Filmed That Heartbreaking Ad In Which Fat People Talk To Their Newly Thin Selves
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.