Adrian Beltre tied a Major League Record and the Texas Rangers defeated the Tampa Bay Rays 4-3 to advance to the American League Championship Series.Beltre hit three home runs in the win, tying a postseason record held by five others, including Babe Ruth (twice) and Reggie Jackson.
- Babe Ruth, Yankees – 1926 World Series
- Babe Ruth, Yankees – 1928 World Series
- Bob Robertson, Pirates – 1971 NLCS
- Reggie Jackson, Yankees – 1977 World Series
- George Brett, Royals – 1978 ALCS
- Adam Kennedy, Angels – 2002 ALCS
The win gave the Rangers a three games to one series win. They will play the winner of the other ALDS series between the Detroit Tigers and New York Yankees. That series is tied two games apiece.
The Rangers defeated the Rays in the ALDS and advance to the ALCS for the second consecutive year. They are now just four wins away from their second straight appearance in the World Series.
Not bad for a team that was in bankruptcy court a year ago.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.