- British pop superstar Adele has split with her husband Simon Konecki after around three years of marriage.
- “Adele and her partner have separated,” a statement from a representative for Adele said.
- “They are committed to raising their son together lovingly. As always they ask for privacy,” it continued.
- Adele, full name Adele Adkins, and Konecki have a child, a boy named Angelo, together.
- It is unclear at this time if the pair have filed for divorce, or plan to do so.
Adele and her husband Simon Konecki have split, a representative for the British singer said in a statement late Friday, according to numerous media outlets.
“Adele and her partner have separated,” the statement said. “They are committed to raising their son together lovingly. As always they ask for privacy. There will be no further comment.”
The star, famous for hits including “Hello” and “Rolling In The Deep,” had been with Konecki, since 2011. The pair had a child, a boy named Angelo, together in 2012.
It is unclear at this time if the pair have filed for divorce, or plan to do so.
Adele married Konecki, an Old Etonian and charity entrepreneur, in 2016. Adele and Konecki were a notoriously private couple, and their marriage was only made public when journalists noticed the pair wearing matching rings.
She confirmed her marriage to Konecki during a concert in Brisbane, Australia in early 2017.
Adele, full name Adele Adkins, first rose to prominence in the UK with her debut album “19,” which charted her early life in north London.
She rose to global prominence with the release of the album “21” – which included one of her biggest hits to date “Someone Like Me.”
Her third album, 25, was released in 2015, selling 800,000 copies in its first week of release in the UK, making it the fastest selling album in British history, the BBC reported.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.