- Minnesota Vikings wide receiver got custom cleats to honour late “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek.
- Thielen’s cleats included an image of Trebek, his name, and a Final Jeopardy-like answer reading, “We will miss you, Alex.”
- Trebek died of pancreatic cancer at 80 years old on November 8.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen paid tribute to late “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek during “Monday Night Football.”
Thielen had custom cleats made featuring a drawing of Trebek’s face, name, and a fake final Jeopardy answer reading “We will miss you, Alex â€” $US19,000.” It’s unclear what the $US19,000 represents.
Trebek died of pancreatic cancer on November 8 and at age 80.
Here are Thielen’s sneakers:
For #MNF pregame tonight my guy @athielen19 will be honoring the legend Alex Trebek who passed last week. I feel like no matter where you were from I feel like Jeopardy was a part of all of our lives in some way. ???? #skol pic.twitter.com/1itrgOM4M8
— Mache- that guy who does the artwork on the shoes. (@MACHE275) November 16, 2020
- Read more:
- Kyler Murray’s incredible game-winning Hail Mary was based on an old Aaron Rodgers play, and he might have gotten his coach’s directions wrong
- One picture of DeAndre Hopkins’ miraculous Hail Mary catch turned into an accidental commercial for Nike’s Jordan brand
- An NBA team should trade for Russell Westbrook
- Spurs coach Becky Hammon visits her giant San Antonio mural, vows to open doors for more women and girls to follow her