- A lot of people are talking about Adam Levine’s nipples, which he exposed during Maroon 5’s gig at the 2019 Super Bowl halftime show.
- What people may have missed, however, was his sparkling wristwear.
- Levine was wearing a Rolex Rainbow Daytona in Everose gold.
- Rolex UK told INSIDER that the watch retails for £74,700 ($US97,200).
- According to Hodinkee, the Everose gold edition of the Rainbow is one of the hardest watches to get on the planet right now.
- Levine is a big-time Rolex fan, though, and counts many rare vintages as part of his collection.
The band was criticised for an all-too-brief “Spongebob Squarepants” tribute, which the band previously teased on Twitter.
Levine also sparked cries of hypocrisy when he took his shirt off. While Janet Jackson was ostracized for a revealed nipple for 9/16ths of a second in 2004, Levine bared both of his for several minutes without condemnation.
What many may have missed in the midst of all this controversy was Levine’s sparkling wristwear, which turns out to be a very rare piece indeed.
He was wearing a Rolex Rainbow Daytona in Everose gold.
The Rainbow Daytona launched in 2012 in very limited quantities, achieving instant cult status among watch aficionados.
Last year, at Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show, Rolex unveiled the Everose edition, which is made from Rolex’s own alloy of pink gold.
It features Pink Gold Crystal sub-dials, 36 baguette-set sapphires in the bezel, 56 diamonds set into the lugs and case, and coloured sapphire indexes.
Rolex UK told INSIDER that the watch retails for £74,700 ($US97,200).
According to the watch experts at Hodinkee, the Everose gold edition of the Rainbow is one of the hardest watches to get on the planet right now.
But Levine is a big Rolex fan and counts vintage Paul Newmans, Day-Date Stellas, and a GMT-Master as part of his collection.
On the night, Levine was outshone by his own timepiece.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.