Photo: Yodel Anecdotal
Yahoo’s board is deciding whether or not to fire CEO Scott Thompson after it was revealed that he has been lying on his resume for a couple years now about having a computer science degree.We can’t speak for all Yahoos, but it is clear to us that some – at all levels of the company – are hoping the board will decide to shove Thompson out the door.
In fact, one Yahoo source actually just read this list to us over the phone.
(For any Yahoo’s reading, remember, the fastest way to hide your screen is Splat-H.*)
Top 10 Reasons Yahoos Hope Scott Thompson Gets Canned Today:
1. He sued Facebook over patents instead of negotiating, alienating the entire valley. (Oh by the way the fastest growing thing we have is the Social Bar, through which Facebook is sending five million referrals. Facebook could shut it down in a second.)
2. He pissed off Microsoft by threatening a move to Google instead of negotiating.
3. He alienated the entire labs group, 14 of which just went to Microsoft
4. He alienated Dan Loeb instead of negotiating with him. He made it personal, saying Loeb was unfit to be on Yahoo’s board.
5. There is total chaos in the company operationally. He has taken a fire, ready, aim approach.
6. He’s the least collaborative CEO Yahoo’s ever had. He invites employees to a roundtable and speaks for 50 minutes of the hour.
7. He is arrogant, pompous and dismissive. He starts every conversation by insulting someone.
8. He alienated all ad agencies on day one when he called IPG an intermediary.
9. He ran product boss Blake Irving off.
10. He hires sycophant yes men.
* Splat-M works too. Splat-F is just for good reading.