- A man was allegedly beaten up after shouting “Avengers: Endgame” spoilers outside of a theatre in Hong Kong, according to news site Asia One.
- Reports of the attack are unconfirmed as of now, but the story hit a nerve and went viral on the web nonetheless.
- There’s been a lot of talk online dissuading fans from spoiling “Avengers: Endgame.”
Spoiler alert: Spouting off “Avengers: Endgame” spoilers might send your loved ones and fellow citizens into a Hulk-like rage.
Citing Taiwanese media reports, the online news site Asia One alleged that a crowd beat up a young man yelling Avengers spoilers outside a theatre in Hong Kong Friday night.
The story’s already gone viral, although it’s by no means been confirmed. The only evidence backing up the tale of vengeful Avengers fans is a single photo, reportedly posted on Hong Kong social media. The image depicts a man sitting against a wall, being tended to by onlookers. Not exactly concrete proof.
— AsiaOne (@asiaonecom) April 26, 2019
That being said, the issue of spoilers has persisted as fans awaited the highly anticipated superhero flick. “Avengers: Endgame” directors Anthony Russo and Joseph Russo penned an open letter to fans, asking them not to spoil the film for others.
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) April 23, 2019
And plenty of fans have posted on social media about the lengths they will go to in order to avoid seeing crucial “Avengers 4” plot points online.
Cannot handle all the spoilers and vibes trying to dodge them streaming so I ended mine and got tickets with my bro.
Whatever It takes… to dodge spoilers #Endgame
— Ninja (@Ninja) April 26, 2019
me avoiding spoilers until i see endgame pic.twitter.com/Dc5T1ylgOZ
— Ricky Dillon (@RickyPDillon) April 26, 2019
me, minding my own business, avoiding endgame leaks and spoilers: pic.twitter.com/50KnK8ZlkC
— ???????????????????????? ???? (@bodhiandthejets) April 24, 2019
If anyone spoils endgame I will have no issue never speaking to you again https://t.co/QpjfDpfkYN
— Peter B. Parker (@adrianlikesjazz) April 24, 2019
If anyone on Twitter spoils anything about ENDGAME I’m coming for you no matter where you live. pic.twitter.com/PQUGXK8juC
— J. David Alvarez (@DavidAlvareeezy) April 24, 2019
- Read more:
- Do yourself a favour and Google ‘Thanos’ for a cheeky ‘Avengers’ Easter egg
- ‘Fortnite’ teamed up with Marvel for a limited-time ‘Avengers: Endgame’ mode – here’s what it’s like to play
- How to mute keywords and phrases on Twitter (and avoid spoilers)
- 33 important questions ‘Avengers: Endgame’ needs to answer
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.