StartupAUS, Australia’s national advocacy group for startups, has released its fourth annual Crossroads Report, a review of the nation’s startup ecosystem.
Crossroads 2017 was backed up by original research from StartupAUS looking at 47 of the country’s most successful startups.
Here’s a statistical snapshot of what Australia’s most successful young companies look like:
- 92% of companies are backed by angel or VC investment
- 86% of businesses are looking to hire international talent within six months
- 91.3% of startups are claiming the R&D Tax Incentive
- 29.8 years is the average age of startup founders
- 57% of startups were founded by immigrants or children of immigrants
- 15% of startups have at least one female founder
- 4% of startups have an all-female founding team
- 57% of all startup founders had at least one previous business
- 76% of startups have at least one founder with a previous business
The official launch of Crossroads will be held at StartCon 2017 in Sydney on Friday.