The connected car is already on the market and generating significant revenue for car makers and tech companies.
Over the past year, there has been a significant uptick in the number of connected cars on the road. And as internet integration becomes more commonplace, the automobile as we know it will transform.
Over the next five to 10 years, this internet integration is expected to change the car ownership model, create a new platform for consumers to access content, lead to fully autonomous vehicles, and revolutionise the auto industry.
The market position of the car today is similar to where the smartphone was in 2010 — it’s just taken off and is ready to explode.
In a new report from BI Intelligence, we examine the transformation of the automobile. We examine all areas of the changing automotive market, including the market size for connected cars, automakers benefits and connection strategies, market leaders, consumer demand, and more.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- Over 380 million connected cars will be on the road by 2021. The market has seen a significant increase in automakers plans to connect the majority of the vehicles they sell and as a result, we’ve increased our 2015 forecast.
- Automakers are connecting the vehicles they sell because the connection offers clear business opportunities.
- Consumers are adopting the connected car faster than expected. We identify the 3 factors that causing the increase in demand.
- Tech companies will play a major role in the future of the automotive market. The big question is whether tech companies will eventually manufacture cars?
- Fully autonomous cars are only a few years away. Technological, regulatory, and consumer adoption hurdles still remain, but there have been many strides towards a car that can drive itself from point A to point B with little to no human interaction.
In full the report:
- Forecasts connected car shipments
- Identifies automakers strategy for connection
- Analyses consumer interest in the connected car
- Examines Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Discusses the potential changing car ownership model
- Describes the evolution of the self-driving car
- Identifies top connected car and fully autonomous car barriers
Interested in getting the full report? Here are two ways to access it:
- Subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and over 100 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you’ll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now